Good times, bad times.
Which, referring to the subject line here, incidentally, is the name of the Led Zeppelin song that I played about a year after I started on electric guitar, well, "played", I managed to squeeze out most of the notes, even the solo, although Iris would never actually call it "playing", it felt great, and after that I felt like I didn't need to play the guitar no more, since, hey, if you do a few Led Zeppelin songs and there are still no hordes of scantily clad nubile young women throwing themselves at you, what's the use? I actually need to look up what "nubile" means – I've heard the term being used in this fashion but I have no idea if I'm referring to nude women, women from the far and away country Nubiles or the regular kind i'll twist your balls off if you mess with me women. Anyway.
- The sight of my colleagues diving into the Amsterdam water to practice for the City Swim.
- Iris diving into the Amsterdam canal (OK, I can't resist asking: please sponsor her! LINK – her name isn't up there yet but she will be. And sorry for asking on her behalf.)
- Random acts of kindness, Claartje's CD, the sight of my 4-year old neighbor kid opening the door without underwear. I wasn't crying because his penis is bigger than mine, if you're wondering.
- Nick Cave. Live at Lowlands. Beautiful sad reality. That man is a master. Pictures of him and NIN at the end of this post.
- Realising after our first huge fight that the idea I had about marriage (that somehow it would be difficult) is completely false. In terms of cost-benefit analysis of a relationship, at least on my end of the bargain, man, you hear people say that they feel lucky? They aren't married to Iris or they would know what REAL luck is. I gotta stop emailing and spend time with her. I hear you screaming already; yes, I will.
- One of my colleagues swimming the practice run so fast he is back and forth before I'm even back. OK, this one is a joke.
- Hurting other people because I feel so boxed up, so pushed, so fucked up. It's starting to creep out, to seep through, fuck it.
- Feeling hurt by people meaning well but who mis-listen. It's not that difficult – just listen to what I have to say and stop pushing your own agenda.
- Failing to get the time and space that I feel we need.
- The fight is gearing up. I haven't decided yet if I am going to fight or not, if I am going to accept or push the limits, but like I said, let's try each other out, let's have a practice fight, you and me, and me is everything about me, so whoever I can tag along as well. Troops with a hunger for just a small fight are welcome to apply – and expect to get enlisted.
Alle gevoelige reacties, tranen, boosheid, frustratie en tekens van liefde gewoon nog even niet hier ventilerend wil ik wel zeggen dat die haak vreselijk ‘bad ass’ is. Best stoer!